2023 Kawasaki KX 450
THE BIKE THAT BUILDS CHAMPIONS
With more Super cross and Motocross championships than any other manufacturer, the KX™ name is synonymous with winning. The KX™450 motorcycle represents the flagship of the KX line-up, built with the sole purpose of dominating the track. Over the past four decades, we've learned what it takes to win and stay on top. Our dedication to building the ultimate machine is undeniable, and the KX450 represents this to the fullest.
CHASSIS & ERGONOMICS
- BALANCE MEETS PRECISION: A lightweight aluminum perimeter frame and swingarm provide overall rigidity balance, contributing to precise cornering. Front-end feel is predictable and maximum traction is gained at the rear wheel.
- GET A GRIP: Wide foot pegs ensure excellent grip for optimum comfort and control, and make it easier to weight the pegs.
- PERFECT FIT: Find your best performance with the Kawasaki ERGO-FIT® advantage. Four handlebar positions and two foot peg positions allow you to tailor the KX™450 motorcycle to your body size, riding style and preference.
- RENTHAL® FATBAR® HANDLEBAR: A factory-style aluminum Renthal® Fatbar® handlebar comes standard. With grips positioned low and close to the body, riders can shift weight forward easily to improve front wheel traction, and increase front traction feel, to ride more confidently at the limit.
CHASSIS MANAGEMENT TECHNOLOGY
- ERGO-FIT®: Proper fit is key for rider comfort and control. However, the ideal fit varies from rider to rider, depending on their physical dimensions and riding style. ERGO-FIT® is an interface system designed to allow riders to find their ideal riding position. Various points of the chassis interface (the handlebar, foot pegs and seat, etc.) can be adjusted through a combination of interchangeable parts and parts with adjustable positions. This enables a wide range of riders to find a riding position that offers both comfort and control. Feeling at one with their machine, they will be able to experience how Kawasaki machines are fun and rewarding to ride. *Adjustable parts and their range of adjustability vary by model.
ENGINE MANAGEMENT TECHNOLOGY
- KLCM (KAWASAKI LAUNCH CONTROL MODE): Designed to assist riders by optimizing acceleration from a stop, KLCM electronically manages engine output to minimize wheel spin when moving off. With the clutch lever pulled in and the system activated, engine speed is limited to a determined speed while the rider holds the throttle open. Once the rider releases the clutch lever to engage the clutch, engine speed is allowed to increase, but power is regulated to minimize wheel spin and help keep the front wheel on the ground. The system disengages automatically once a predetermined speed has been reached, or when the rider shifts into third gear. Depending on the model, riders can choose from multiple modes, each offering a progressively greater level of intrusion.
- ADVANCED STOPPING POWER: Next-level stopping power matches incredible acceleration capability. Up front, an oversized 270mm Braking® petal disc with dual-piston caliper offers sharp response and a strong, consistent feel. In the rear, a large-diameter 250mm Braking® petal disc complements the front for race-ready performance.
- RELIABLE STARTING: Being able to restart your engine quickly after a stall can make or break a race. Powered by a compact and lightweight Li-ion battery and supported by an automatic centrifugal decompression system, all it takes is the push of a button to start up.
- LIGHT PULL & SELF-ADJUSTING: A coned disc-spring hydraulic clutch offers light clutch pull and a wide engagement range. Large diameter plates provide enhanced fade resistance.
POWER & PERFORMANCE
- POWER THROUGH THE FINISH: The powerful 449cc engine features friction reduction coating on the piston for increased engine performance.
- EVERY SECOND COUNTS: A factory-style launch control system helps put the bike’s power to the ground for maximum acceleration at the start of the race, making the hole shot yours for the taking.
- PULL AHEAD: A flat torque curve makes it easier to get on the gas sooner, delivering smooth and powerful acceleration to pass the competition and keep you ahead of the pack.
- FINELY TUNED POWER: Use the DFI® couplers to choose engine settings to suit your riding style or track conditions. This plug-and-play style system allows quick and easy selection from three pre-programmed fuel injection and ignition mapping settings. Fine tune your ECU setting with factory precision. The KX™ FI Calibration Kit* features a handheld controller that enables adjustment of fuel mapping and allows storage of pre-sets without a PC. *Sold separately as a Kawasaki Genuine Accessory
- RACE READY: The 49mm Showa Coil Spring Front Fork combined with A-KIT Technology deliver excellent handling. Large-diameter inner tubes allow the use of large damping pistons for race-winning performance while a large-diameter front axle provides exceptional front-wheel traction.
- CHAMPIONSHIP PROVEN: The Uni-Trak® rear suspension system features adjustable dual-range (high- and low-speed) compression damping, adjustable rebound damping, and adjustable preload. The result is optimal damping and rear-wheel traction.