2023 Suzuki SV 650
Suzuki riders struck motorcycling gold when the first SV650 debuted in 1999. Since then, this iconic motorcycle has seen continual improvements while still embodying the sporty personality that only a lively, mid-sized V-twin roadster can deliver. The 2023 SV650 has a refined power plant that provides surprising performance with low emissions and outstanding fuel economy, mounted in a trim and lightweight chassis that delivers a sporty, exciting ride.
The SV650’s nimble chassis achieves exciting lean angles when cornering, while a pair of four-piston Tokico brake calipers up front deliver excellent stopping power. The 2023 SV650's Glass Sparkle Black and Solid Iron Gray bodywork is draped upon a gray trellis frame that rolls upon red, cast-aluminum wheels. This stunning look and style, combined with sparkling performance, delivers sportbike value that a broad range of riders will embrace.
- Stylized Suzuki “S” 3D emblems on the fuel tank and the fork upper bracket denote the quality, sophistication, and performance legacy of the brand.
- 12-month limited warranty. Longer coverage periods with other benefits available through Suzuki Extended Protection (SEP).* (*Subject to separate coverage for certain parts and the exclusions and limitations described in the New On-Road Motorcycle Limited Warranty.)
- The compact, lightweight chassis is covered with slim bodywork to create a bike that’s agile and fun to ride on a variety of streets – such as city traffic, highway, rural roads, and winding roads.
- The ready-to-ride weight of the SV650 is just 432 pounds.
- The high-strength steel, trellis-style frame is key to the motorcycle’s trim and intelligent dimensions. The seat height is just 785mm (30.9 inches) and is the lowest in the 600–800cc street bike class.
- The SV650’s fuel tank is short and narrow but maintains the same 3.8-gallon (14.5-liter) fuel capacity in both US and California versions.
- The slim fuel tank and seat joint aid the rider in touching the ground better at stops.
- The frame is mated to a steel beam-type swingarm with a straightforward chain tension adjuster system.
- The 41mm conventional-style front fork has a generous 125mm (4.9 inches) of wheel travel to provide a sporty but plush ride.
- Link-type rear shock unit has a 63mm (2.48-inch) stroke and is tuned for a superb progressive feel and to react efficiently to varied road conditions while still delivering an agile and stable feel.
- The rear shock’s spring preload is seven-way adjustable so you can easily adjust for a passenger or cargo.
- The front brakes feature a pair of fully floating 290mm discs that are grasped by four-piston Tokico calipers for excellent braking performance.
- Five-spoke, cast aluminum alloy wheels are shod with lightweight, front and rear Dunlop radial tires for sharp handling and good mileage.
- The Dunlop Road Smart III tires fitted to the SV650 have great grip and all-around good tire performance.
- The compact and lightweight instrument panel is a full LCD display, eliminating motor and needle mechanics.
- The instrument panel has several features, including a tachometer, speedometer, odometer, dual trip meter, reserve trip meter, clock, coolant temperature/oil pressure indicator, and gear position, plus fuel consumption and driving range data.
- Well-proportioned, tubular handlebars and mid-set foot controls create a sporting, yet ergonomically relaxed riding position.
- The tastefully designed, round-shaped headlight is multi-reflector type with a 12V 60/55-watt halogen bulb.
- A bright, durable LED combination tail and brake light, plus front and rear amber-tinted turn signals, illuminate the riding route.
- Attention to rider comfort and confidence includes a carefully shaped seat with a high-grip cover and integrated cargo retention loops that can pull out from under the seat.
- The styling was conceived to express slim, lightweight design and to showcase the strength of V-twin engine. The clean, neatly shaped body lines are aimed to be appealing to a wide range of riders.
- Class exclusive*, 645cc, DOHC, V-twin engine produces strong, torque-rich horsepower while conforming the latest emission requirements. (*600-800cc, street bike class.)
- The engine’s 90-degree L-twin configuration has perfect primary balance, so a heavy, power-robbing counter balancer is not needed.
- The energy-efficient engine has unique pistons that were engineered with the use of Finite Element Method (FEM) analysis to achieve optimal rigidity and weight.
- Each piston skirt has a special resin coating, and the other sliding parts are tinned for less friction and greater durability – a first for a Suzuki motorcycle.
- Suzuki’s innovative L-shaped piston rings contribute to reduced blow-by gas, resulting in fewer emissions and greater combustion efficiency.
- Suzuki Composite Electrochemical Material (SCEM)–plated cylinders reduce friction and improve heat transfer and durability.
- Both cylinder heads feature Suzuki’s original Dual Spark Technology for greater combustion efficiency, better fuel economy, and cleaner emissions.
- The fuel-injection system employs Suzuki’s innovative Suzuki Dual Throttle Valve (SDTV) with 39mm throttle bodies. The secondary throttle valves are controlled by servo motor for smooth power delivery and optimum combustion efficiency.
- Ten-hole, long-nose-type fuel injectors on each throttle body improve fuel atomization for better combustion efficiency while reducing fuel consumption.
- The EFI system employs O2 feedback and a precise intake pressure sensor for optimum combustion efficiency in various conditions and reduces emissions to an incredibly low level.
- Suzuki’s patented Throttle-body Integrated Idle Speed Control (TI-ISC) eases starting, stabilizes the engine idle speed, and helps lower emissions. The system is compact and lightweight.
- The TI-ISC on the SV650 incorporates Suzuki’s Low RPM Assist feature that seamlessly adjusts engine speed during take-off and low-speed running to smooth the power delivery and to help reduce the possibility of the rider stalling the motorcycle.
- The Engine Control Module (ECM) provides state-of-the-art engine management and has enhanced settings to suit the intake and exhaust systems, resulting in better fuel economy and linear throttle response.
- Advanced, transistorized ignition control programming helps maintain more precise spark timing to the four iridium, long-life spark plugs.
- The SV650 also features Suzuki’s Easy Start System that lets the rider start the motorcycle with a momentary press of the start switch without pulling in the clutch lever when the transmission is in neutral.
- The air cleaner case design has high capacity and routes crankcase breather gas from the engine cover to help increase engine power. The air intake funnels have staggered lengths to heighten mid-range torque.
- The exhaust system has a clean, functional appearance and lower weight. The 2-into-1 system has a catalyzer to further reduce emissions.
- The location of the muffler and its brushed stainless steel cover allow ample lean angles when cornering.
- The high-efficiency radiator employs a large cooling fan for exceptional cooling capacity. To further control temperature, the engine is also fitted with a coolant-cooled oil cooler that is compact and lightweight.
- The close-ratio, six-speed transmission features carefully selected ratios that are equally well-suited for commuting or spirited riding.
- The multiplate clutch has precise push rod actuation of the pressure plate for a light pull and consistent release point.
- The 2023 SV650’s Glass Sparkle Black and Solid Iron Gray bodywork is accompanied by a dark gray frame and red wheels.
- Visually stunning, the trellis-style frame is constructed of high-strength steel tubes so it contributes to the motorcycle’s low weight and trim chassis.
- The trim bodywork is aesthetically pleasing while aiding comfort and maneuverability.
- The muffler and its brushed stainless steel cover are positioned to permit ample lean angles when cornering.
- Dual four-piston Tokico brake calipers up front grasp a pair of 290mm fully floating stainless steel rotors for great stopping performance.
- Liquid-cooled, 645cc, four-stroke, DOHC, 90-degree, L-twin engine has perfect primary balance so it smoothly pulls with authority from idle up to the 10,000 rpm redline.
- Advanced EFI system includes Suzuki’s Low RPM Assist feature that seamlessly adjusts engine speed during take-off and low-speed running to smooth the power delivery and to help reduce the possibility of the rider stalling the motorcycle.